Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father-in-law and I were at an auction this past summer and I had to leave early and I told him if this one particular .22 short rifle went for under $150 to pick it up for me. Well he said it went over that, but actually bought it and gave it go me for Christmas. It's a winchester 67-22 short rifle. No serial number as it was made before 1968. Not sure how to date it though. There are many suggestions on the internet and by their calculations, it would be one of the earlier modles, around 1937 or so. ??? Anyone else have this particular model?

· Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the good reliable internet says (lol) that if it has a chrome bolt then it's an earlier version (mine does). Also, it says if there are hand grooves in the forestock it's an earlier version (mine does as well).

· Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a pic I'll post tomorrow.. My PC doesn't have an SD card slot, so I have to use an adapter that plugs into the USB port.... and it's at work... SO, i'll post a pic of the gun tomorrow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.