Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if everyone knows this or not, but if you are trying to get a map of your hunting area, you can get one for free at Google.com. (YOU can also pay for Google earth, which is more advanced and up to date)

All you have to do to get the free maps is go to Google.com and click on maps on the top left. Then enter the nearest city to wear you hunt and from there you can zoom in or out. Make sure you click on SATELLITE in the top right of the page. Mine always comes up with a map of the location, but when you click Satellite, it comes up with actual pictures of your land. Now, the pictures may be a month or two old, but still, IT'S FREE!

**Some of you may already know about this... just one "non-computery guy" to another!
<><:w00t:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yup that's where I decide where to look for spots, I found a lot of land just by browsing the satellite images around our area. Now getting permission to hunt the land is a different story...

Oh and my cell phone has a built in GPS and Google Maps so I can see anytime anywhere my location on the satellite map. Helps when hiking through the woods for sure.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I actually use Google maps on my cell phone and get my actual location on the map at the same time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts