Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, it is high, almost five foot tall and the tree is pretty thick.
Like I said my ground blind is way too close. I do have a tree stand fairly close, but with all the leaves off the trees here, it leave me out in the open. So I'm going to the ground blind and taking the chair out and moving over 70 yards to a good spot with cover and a clear view of this rub. Once I'm sitting, I got a big camo poncho that I drape over me.

Keepin' my fingers crossed!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had nine does run by at 9am. With a grunt following close behind. I thought it was time to see the maker of these rubs.

Just a small spike chasing the girls. DANG IT!:sad:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Recap

The season has come and gone . The rain is falling and almost 50 degrees...not your typical December weather?!

The tree has been visited regularly...just not when I'm there:thumbdown:
He also shredded a few more trees throughout the woods. Shows promise for next year.

I had a friend hunting with me last week and he saw a big ten-pointer..BIG! So I can only assume that the 10 point is the owner of these trees. (It's late-season doe only, :no: so he didn't shoot.....)

Maybe next year :wallbash:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.