Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next Tuesday the whole Freeman family is going to gatlinburg to live in a cabin for a week.. Can you say family fued? Naw we get along good enough. Plus we will be out doing stuff as well. Not just sitting in the cabin. My parents, 2 brothers, their wives and all the kids. That will be 8 adults and 9 kids ranging in age of 1-13. Wow. Wondering if we can pay the grandparents enough money to watch all of them at the same time. Think my dad is smarter than that.

Here is where we are staying. Gatlinburg Cabin - King Of The Hill - 5 Bedroom

I got a rich brother.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Holy smokes the resort of resorts! Have a great time. I had a honey moon a great many years ago right there in Gatlinburg. Its a great place to visit. Family vacation, you should have a few stories to tell when you get back.:shocking: Enjoy!

·
Registered
591 Posts
They have some nice places over there. Is that cabin hanigin on the side of one of those hills? :biggrin: That's how ours was. The front door step was even with the ground and the back deck (40' away) was prolly 30' above the ground. I wondered what it would take to slide that baby down the hill :shocking: Hope you have a great time.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
sounds like tons of fun, have a great time!!!

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool deal so far.. The game room is on the bottom floor so thats where all the kids hang out.. Kinda quiet up here on the couch..

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was there about 20 years ago with my parents on a family vacation, we had a blast. I came face to face with a black bear that scared me for life and we took a helicopter ride over the Smokey mountains. Then I talked my father into taking us to dollywood.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I stayed there a few years ago and had a real good time
We drove through a park that wasn't too far away and the deer just walked by like they owned the place..but i cant remember the name of it

·
Registered
591 Posts
Cades Cove?? We went there while staying there. Nice place. Old farm house, mill, etc.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Thanks southern man ...That was the place we saw a good buck working a scrape 50 ' away from the line of cars driving through..
No hunting pressure there

·
Registered
591 Posts
The time we were there, there was 2 bucks sparing next to the road. All kinds of cars parked watching it. Nothin serious, just early October sparing, young bucks. Nice place tho.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cades cove was closed for repairs for a couple months. They open back up tomorrow. Hoping its not to crowded since its been closed for so long. Wish it was Oct or so since I could see the nice bucks running around. Probably see the turkeys strutting around.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts