Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im hittin the catfish hole tomorrow night and I can't wait. With any luck there will pics to follow and catfish all around! :w00t:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sucess

No noodling here. :no: I am just too scared that I might get my hand chomped off by an alligator snapping turtle. I just using my old tried and true ugly stick, 20lb test line(should have used 35lb test....we lost 4 pulling them out of the water because we forgot to bring a net), a big sharp hook, and a 2 ounce pyramid weight on a 12 inch metal leader. Oh yeah and I almost forgot....BEEF LIVER! They never get enough of the stuff.

We had a blast and between the three of us caught over 20 fish. The largest one weighed a little over 16 pounds(4 lbs short of a new state record:crybaby:). Oh well there is always next time. All in all not a bad night of catfishin. :w00t:

I am going to start a catfish photo album and include some more pictures from the trip if anyone is interested.

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Nice pics, I can almost smell Fish Fryin' !!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The largest one weighed a little over 16 pounds(4 lbs short of a new state record:crybaby:).
I actually double checked the NC state record and I was actually 7 pounds off of the state record.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks fellas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts