Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who haven't seen this yet, go to Field&Stream.com and look at the pics and story about this huge white sturgeon caught by a guy from England fishing in the Fraser River in British Columbia. Good pics and story.

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
I went to F&S website and couldn't find any article on their site about a huge white sturgeon from Fraser River.
BUT there has been a few stories roaming the internet for a few years now regarding a giant 1000/1100 lb
white sturgeon caught in the Fraser River. Here's the link to the one I hearcd about Giant Fraser River Sturgeon Photograph

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw that too Bruce back whenever it was going around, this is a new one. I had trouble finding it too, but go to Field&Stream and click on "Photos" at the top of the page then scroll down a bit, you'll see it. These huge sturgeon from Canada can't be recognized as new world records 'cause any fish over 5 feet has to be released unharmed and they have no way of weighing them. They claim that a fish like this is over 100 years old. Amazing!

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
awsome. we dont have them here in Fla like that,But I have caught sharks that size. Atleast yalls wont eat ya.lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts