Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a gret start to the hunting season but am driving 60 miles one way to hunt when I am surrounded by agricultural fields and see many deer on fields within a mile of my home every morning and evening. I have been considering asaking permission to hunt on some of these farms in my area but have never approached a farmer to ask permission to hunt before and am unsure of how to approach them. I have driven around the last couple days looking fo a farmer in the field not wanting to impose or intrude on them by knocking on the door to their house. Any tips on how to approach this or what youve done that has been successful would be appreciated. I need a game plan.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very true KD, it seems like when I'm NOT trying to find hunting places they land in my lap. Church is a good place to start! I've had 5-6 people at church tell me to come hunt their land b/c they have deer eating bushes, flowers, etc....

Yes the land I hunt now(other than public land) is 160 acres of CRP fields that I was given permission to hunt (with out asking) by a lady at my church. Problem is , and not to sound unthankful I love hunting the land, it is 60 miles from my house.

Issue is in asking to hunt a specific piece of land a cold call if you will. I have my eye on a specific piece of land that has no posted signs on it perimeter.and I do not know who owns it. I am asking about Approaching in that way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.