Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bighorn9 has pointed out that deer season is just around the corner. I urge all hunters to consider getting in shape for the upcoming season and it's not to early. No sense in possibly ruining your season due to injury or missing out on getting to that great location. I get up every morning at 4 just as I do during the season and get some exercise. Last year it paid dividends big time as I had no fear of going anywhere or doing anything to be where the big boys were. No sense in having all that equipment and saving up some vacation time if you aren't going to make the best of.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Good point.. I have already been thinking about the dreadful climb up the side of the mountain.. I turn 30 next week too!! Ha. Getting old sucks..

Seriously though I remember when I thought 30 was old.. Now that im there my view has changed quite a bit..

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
That's a good post. Next spring I'm getting an eliptical bike to get ready for Colorado elk season. It most likely will be the last trip to that area as the pine beatle is killing the dark timber. Getting in shape is a good thing, start slow and build up.:thumbup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
another things is getting your"woods eyes"back.getting shape will help you when you take that walk to your stand, but getting your eyes back in shape is also important.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
another things is getting your"woods eyes"back.getting shape will help you when you take that walk to your stand, but getting your eyes back in shape is also important.
very good point poppy! :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
if you have cable or satalite most have on demand show i know here they have work out shows for free,well your paying for cable:lol:another is called sportsskool heres a link for workouts Sportskool

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:ph34r:You guys make an excellent point about "woods eyes". I haven't put much effort into that before. I usually work on my shooting eyes, but I'll count this as sound advice.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
eat carrots:surprised::yes:

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is a very good thing to point out. A lot of people I have seen hunting are way out of shape. I couldn't imagine them having to trek after an animal for 3 miles and then have to pull it out as well. It is sad but I see a lot of people rely to heavily on vehicles like ATV's to get them where they need to go. Sometimes they just don't cut it though.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Man I am jelous. Elk hunting sounds like a blast. I just shoot whitetail, less than 100 yards from the house with 165 grain bullets and they just fall over.

Getting in shape is something I have not thought about in reference to hunting, although it does make sense if you have to do a lot of tracking. About the only working out I do in the off season is arm curls(lifting pieces of sausage to my face over and over)! :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts