0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not the best pics i used my cell phone.

around 200 lbs and i got my arrow back.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Congratulations ronn, When you posted the trail cam bear pic,
I kinda sensed I'd be seeing this post. Very nice Bowhunt!! Awesome Trophy!!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bruce totally different area and bear. didn't even have a clue this guy was in there. saw one in there 15 years ago but not since.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congratulations! That is a nice bear in anyones book. Bear archery season is still a week out for us in VA. I cant wait. I took my first bear with a bow last year. It dressed out at 145#. It made a nice rug. You will be very pleased. Are you going to eat it?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
richie, i'm going to keep some share the rest. its not a dumpster bear so it should be good meat. i have had some before and it was pretty good but i'm not really a bear hunter. i get a licence every year but don't really go. our season starts sep one and runs into rifle season for deer in nov, so its a bear of opportunity. where is tazewell in relationship to roanoke? i was there last weekend and make the run a couple times a year. va is probably my favorite state. the shenandoah valley is beautiful.

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
That is awesome ronn, congrats to you. Around here a 200 pound bear is a monster bear. Going for hot/spicy sausage????

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
timber, up around malone they got some real corkers. the trout trooper that did the seal said it was a fair size for a sow. we have to bring out the bits and pieces so they know is it a boy bear or is it a girl bear. then they take a tooth.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
good for you ronn.the bear were not moving at all it was in the 70's:crybaby:Glad ya scored

·
Registered
11 Posts
We ate the one that I got. Well between my family and all the friends that I shared with. It is good if it is cut right and cooked right. Tazewell is about 2 hours west of Roanoke. Got to love the mountains here, been here all of my life. My bear was also just an oppurtunity that came about. But I would love to do it again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts