Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like I said in an earlier post I hunted on some new land on the open of bow. On the morning hunt I figured out I would have to find a different way to come into my stand than the route I took. I pulled in to park my 4-wheeler and had 3 deer in my headlights. Got off started my trek to the stand and passed 5 other deer. I moved very slowly to my stand but I dont think it really mattered. It was starting to get daylight and I noticed a deer watching me tie in to my tree from a field about 50 yds away. During the morning hunt I seen one good shootable doe that never gave me a shot and bambi, who hung out with me a good while. (see pic below)

During the evening hunt I put Kaleb (10 point) in the same stand I hunted that morning and told him to shoot whatever he wanted. He has never got a deer with a bow before. Until 15 mins before dark on opening day anyways. We dont have good pics of the deer. For some reason that was the last thing on anybodys mind at the moment. He may have some on his camera phone I can add later. I did not think about taking a pic with my camera till we done had his deer half skinned out and backstraps removed. Im not going to bother putting that on here. Here is a pic of the rack after we sawed it off.

I also got a doe that evening. Muzzy did its job even though I did not make a good shot on it. The only pic I have of it, is also when it was hanging so I will leave that off as well. I will do better with those cameras next time!!:bag:

It was cool to double up on opening day. A first for me during bow season. And extremely cool being in on the hunt when someone gets their first bow tag filled. His dad was also with us on his first bow hunt and I think he is now hooked on bow hunting even though he didnt get one. I think his boy's excitement rubbed off on him.

All together a good night hunting. Even though it was a late one getting the deer cleaned and meat cooled down, I can now say there is MEAT IN THE FREEZER!!!

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
Congratulations!!! Wanna sell that house??? :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks fellows.. And nope I dont want to sell just yet. Ill let you know first though Bruce. You would enjoy some southern livin.. That is a summitt in the back of that truck.. 10 points actually. He hunted outta a hang-on on this particular hunt.

Whats odd about that rack is it had 7 little stickers coming out of it every which a way. It would have been interesting to see what kind of jumbled up non-typical it would have turned into.

·
Registered
247 Posts
By the way I love my summit I can hunt all day and not feel the least bit sore. I bought my Summit last year I killed 2 deer out of it and missed one with my bow. I also shot one last weekend and couldn't find it. It is lightweight and very easy to put on the tree and climb. I have used buckfevers Api and I like my summit better its more compact than the API. But I can't complain about buckfevers stand because I killed a deer out of it the only time I hunted out of it. My summit also converts from a bow to gun stand in 4 straps on the seat. overall ratin A+ will be good for anyone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts