Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have about 22 acres and about an acre to plant on the whole 22 what would be the best thing to plant to attract and grow bigger deer?

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
As far as attracting deer to the food plot I find that just plain OATS work very well
As far as growing bigger deer using food plots I am not sure what works best....but the Mossy Oak LabLab looks good....

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Good reply ronn, starting with the Whitetail Institute's knowledge and suggestions you can then decide what to do and far you want to invest in $ and effort. Ground preparation,soil ph testing, fertilizer, lime, and weed conrtol its a lot of work. If your interest is just harvest its a lot cheaper and easier to use bag sweet products to draw the deer in. To do it right you will need to have/borrow some decent equipment.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
i plant about 12 acres of food plots on are farm ....have corn, millo, soy beans ,pea,s ...have ground ready for new white tail clover plots,,,,some alfa rack,,and oats...will plant in 2 weeks. oats are a good winter plot are deer kept them mowed down....this year i went for tall crops to try to get the deer on the plots during the day...hope it works

1 - 7 of 7 Posts