Deer Hunting Forums banner

food plot in woods

13K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  dagulskie 
#1 ·
I am hunting a small place about 15 acres all in the woods , what can i plant that will grow in the woods . It would have to be real small plots . any ideas ?

G
#5 · (Edited)
Hi There,Thank you f

Hi There,Thank you for a great plugin! I am in the prcoses of building my blog and installed your plugin the other day. However the share icons that appear at the bottom of each post and page are way too close to paragraphs. I'd like to have a decent amount of space just above the icons after the paragraphs. Could you please tell me how I can do that?I'm currently using a paid theme from Elegant themes if that helps you at all to resolve this?Thanks,Aise

#12 ·
Wheat would be excellent for what you are talking about. If it doesn't make too good of a stand the first time, just simply reseed it. It is almost like the cockroach of plants, it really can live anywhere. The soil in the woods is highly acidic so you mite have to add this or that to get a great stand, but you should be able to get a decent one with just a seed spreader

good luck

#14 ·
Even though a lot of the seed companies advertise "throw and grow" I haven't had much luck without first putting some lime and fertilizer on. You also have to think about how much sunlight you will have after all the leaves on the trees have filled out. It may be different where you are but the ph in my area is really low and needs to be addressed before thinking about putting seed down.

#15 ·
Cheap an easy

First rake all the leaves away until you expose the dirt then take a garden hoe an loosen the soil just a little then go to walmart and buy a 10lb bag of rye grass seed from the garden area not the sporting goods section plant it heavy and rake it to cover the seed in two weeks you will have a hot spot.

#21 ·
I know it won't help for this year, but my brother had some old clover seed last year and he just spread it over the snow to get rid of it and see what would happen. By the time it settled down with the melting snow and spring rains, it got a good grip and turned out to be the best crop he ever had.

G
#23 · (Edited)
The share and follow

The share and follow plgiun does not load any code in the admin pages until you go into the actual admin screens. Yes there are some hook initializations, but never does it load with the wp-login.php, and does not use anything that pre-sends header information. All it hooks into is wp_head(); loads CSS and javascript files when needed, which is positioned just before the closing of the head sectionthe_content(); adds share iconswp_footer(); adds follow tabnone of which are loaded with the wp-login.php file. When in the admin page it only loads javascript/jquery stuff when you actually load the share and follow admin page, not when you open any other page.For me this all points to something else causing this, not really share and followregardsAndy

#24 ·
I've heard of seeding seeds on top of the snow. Some around here do grass that way in the spring. It won't sprout till warm temps hit so I don't know the reason for the early sowing? They say it helps drive the seeds into the ground? I would think you would loose a fair percentage of your seed to rot if you had a rainy early spring.

#25 ·
ffod plot in woods

1. Cattailis- the roots (or pollen) can be reduced to a flour that's used for muffins, biscuits, or pancakes. The young shoots can be used in salad, sautéed with meat, boiled like green beans, or cooked like asparagus.

2. Dandelions-Of French origin, this word means "lion's tooth". They're high in vitamins A, B, and C, contains calcium, potassium, iron, phosphorus, and magnesium. The flowers are rich with vitamin D. The roots are said to be good for your liver and blood.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.