Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hunting a small place about 15 acres all in the woods , what can i plant that will grow in the woods . It would have to be real small plots . any ideas ?

R

·
0 Posts
brian does excellent

brian does excellent work. he did a bunch of seo innliducg template validation and vbseo tweaking and the results speak for themselves. he is honest and timely, and that in itself is a rare quality among programmers.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
without some sunlight (4 hrs)you may not have much luck. If you want to just draw them for a shot there are many products for that and some actually have mineral support.

R

·
0 Posts
Hi There,Thank you f

Hi There,Thank you for a great plugin! I am in the prcoses of building my blog and installed your plugin the other day. However the share icons that appear at the bottom of each post and page are way too close to paragraphs. I'd like to have a decent amount of space just above the icons after the paragraphs. Could you please tell me how I can do that?I'm currently using a paid theme from Elegant themes if that helps you at all to resolve this?Thanks,Aise

R

·
0 Posts
This outfit is atoul

This outfit is atoulsbely darling! What a stunning coat. I think you are one of my style icons for this year - the looks you've been doing really remind me of the 1930s English countryside. It suits you so well!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for all the answer , i was going to try throw and grow , but don't think i will . what about wheat . i read on one forum about putting it down a logging road, soi thought i would give it a try ? thanks very much for the info.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wheat would be excellent for what you are talking about. If it doesn't make too good of a stand the first time, just simply reseed it. It is almost like the cockroach of plants, it really can live anywhere. The soil in the woods is highly acidic so you mite have to add this or that to get a great stand, but you should be able to get a decent one with just a seed spreader

good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
I tried throw and go in woods with very little luck. I agree with the mineral block plus I would add a food source. I was scattering some corn and some rice bran pellets and was having luck attracting deer to that location.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Even though a lot of the seed companies advertise "throw and grow" I haven't had much luck without first putting some lime and fertilizer on. You also have to think about how much sunlight you will have after all the leaves on the trees have filled out. It may be different where you are but the ph in my area is really low and needs to be addressed before thinking about putting seed down.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Cheap an easy

First rake all the leaves away until you expose the dirt then take a garden hoe an loosen the soil just a little then go to walmart and buy a 10lb bag of rye grass seed from the garden area not the sporting goods section plant it heavy and rake it to cover the seed in two weeks you will have a hot spot.

·
Registered
142 Posts
food plot in the woods

People don't believe me but deer love rye grass more than fall/winter rye, they also love bermuda grass.

·
Registered
591 Posts
What time of the year can you plant, rye or bermuda grass? could you still do it now and expect some outcome?
If you could get a little rain to get a start on the seed, Bermuda grass will grow big time. It has a very deep root and is drought resistant. Can't hardly kill that stuff once it's started.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts