Deer Hunting Forums banner

Fist Deer with shotgun in NY

3K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  little nj hunter 
#1 ·
I got this guy Monday 11/23 in Hilton Ny (15 min west of Rochester). He came out to an apple tree 40 yards from my stand broadside at 4:30 pm. My rem 1187 20ga with Nikon slughunter and Hornady sst sabot slugs performed perfectly. hit him about 4 inches behind the rt shoulder througn both lungs. Only went 75 yards in about 20 seconds and I heard him crash. He weighed 171.5 lbs hangging. My 11yr old daughter's smile is the real prize. She was not with me when I Shot him but she held the flashlight while I dressed him out.

Jeff

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Nice NY Buck jmsan66! I also got my first NY Shotgun deer this year, a nice doe. I used rifles previously but had alot of trouble last year (Remington Model 710). I bought an 870 Super mag Combo this spring and decided to use the rifled barrel with rifle sights this year for the regular gun season. I took the doe Dec 5th while still hunting in the snow! I am only a muzzleloader deer away from taking a deer in Archery, Regular Gun, and Muzzleloading Season, a goal I have been trying for for three years now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.