Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never baited deer. Here in Kansas it is legal so I was going o try. Question is this. the feeder i will use is a bucket with a stick in it ( Remington model# ss-50n) Hanging feeder kit, to control the feed falling out. Guess the deer need to figure out to push on the stick to make it work. How high should I hang it and should I place extra feed or attractant on the ground to bring deer to it. Also season opens dec 1. when should I put it out?

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
yeah I would go ahead and put it out, hang it about 5/6 foot off the ground (so that a deer can hit that stick on the bucket with it's head) and then put a small amount of corn (maybe a pound) on the ground below it. The deer will smell the corn in the feeder and they'll figure it out. I would also place a trail camera by this as you'll probably get some good pics...

·
Registered
38 Posts
i hung mine about 5 feet off the ground. i also put some corn on the ground under it. not a lot just enought that it could be eaten rapidly and they would have to resort to the bucket for more. hope this helps and best of luck.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
That might be a little much if you are wanting the deer to eat the corn... you might mix in corn w/the c'mere deer, but it's been my experience that if you put corn out, ***** will find it FIRST and deer are a close second. Especially this time of year,, they love corn. Wish I could put some out, but in MISSOURI we can't bait.
PLUS- the good thing about the feeder you have is that the ***** can't get it...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.