Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Moultrie M80. Takes great pics and the battery life is wonderful. Cameras have been up since July and the 8 aa lithium batteries still have 85% power.

I agree! I have one too and it's a great cam, fast trigger speed and don't have many "throw away" pics.

I also suggest the Moultrie D55ir.... it's a bit cheaper and still a great cam.

STAY AWAY FROM: Wildgame Innovations and PRIMOS cameras (my opinion).

·
Registered
773 Posts
I like Moultrie as well. I have the i60 with the built in viewer, takes D batteries but last a good 4 to 5 months at a time, was kinda pricy when I got it when they first came out but they are much better on the pocket now.

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
The thing I like about the M80 moultrie has is that it takes AA batteries and they seem to last a VERY long time. I've had the cam now over 6 months and have not changed the batteries. In fact, last time I went and checked it, it still had over 60% battery life left.

The main thing I hated about the wildgame innovation cameras (besides them malfunctioning and stopping working) is the slow trigger speed. If you could find one that actually works for longer than 6 months and if you have a spot where deer come and stop for long periods of time, then I'd say they'd be great. otherwise, don't waste your money!

·
Registered
3,271 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Those are really good prices for the m80s. If hubby wouldn't have just got the new bow, id be ordering a couple more.

It is a VERY good price! Most stores have them still for around $157... Walmart here in town had them marked down to $129. $101 is dang good for this trail cam! I seriously doubt there is a better cam out there for that money. just saying

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Personally, I like IR better. They are typically a little more expensive, but I have used both and the IR do not spook the deer as much. Now, that said, deer can and will get used to a flash camera especially if it's over a food source.

·
Registered
185 Posts
the 2 cams i have r made by bushnell and tasco. both the cheapest walmart sold, $50 each. no frills and flash photos. the bushnell will b on its 5th year now and the tasco 2nd year. they have both done well for me. maybe not the clearest pics but i dont get too many rear end pics. in fact i think i have a pic of a coyote runnin by somewhere. batteries last the whole year. very pleased!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.