Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been thinking of trying to shoot without it,i did for years and i find my self yet today of shooting without looking thru the peep with no problems. just wanted to see if the majority of shooters that hunt do use one or dont.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I use one and couldn't hit a barn if I was standing in it without it. My brother in law though can shoot great without it and is a good shot at a moving target. I guess some just have an eye for it.

G

·
i'm with buck shot but i couldn't hit a barn if i was standing in it. don't even hand me a bow without sights cause heaven only knows where that arrow is going.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i learned how to shoot on a ben pearson stick bow but i now use a peep sight and a copper john front sight

·
Registered
591 Posts
Last year was the first time I ever used a peep. I tried a few years back and couldn't make myself do it. For years I shot a compound bow with fingers and no peep. It's a hard habit to break.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I use a peep. The thing is, if all the equipment is set up right you don't even know its there. The pro shop has me draw my bow with my eyes closed, then simply open my eye and check for full peep sight picture. We do this 10 times. This helps to make sure all my mechanics are correct and the peep is positioned right. I use a 3/16" aperture for hunting. String stretch can change your peep picture slightly over time. Hopefully, the young people will find some of this helpful.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
:goodposting:also if its twisted get it checked out

·
Registered
30 Posts
I used a peep for a while but switched to a "Hind Sight". It is indorsed by Tom Miranda. It mounted to the riser and extends back towards the string. With this you don't loose speed. It has a large sight picture and crosshairs that glow in the dark. They come with the hind sight only or attatched to a Truglo sight. They range in price from $30- $115. I bought the cheapest just to try it out and I will probably buy another one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts