Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an electric deer call for my birthday are the good to use? or should i just stick to the manual ones

·
Registered
90 Posts
is it legal to use them in canada? if it is i would give it a shot. you never know untill you try it out.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i got one for predators only tried it once hunting last year.i know my wife hates it:biggrin:

·
Registered
221 Posts
well I personally like to use mouth calls and rattle manualy (ive seen some electric with rattle on there if your wondering) but really the electric calls are ok because you can have almost 6 different calls in one small speaker, if you want get your mouth call and grunt, or what ever you are gonna do then play the same thing you did with your mouth on your electric and see which on sounds better or more realistic to you and use it, but really thats just my opinion, I like mouth calls but I bet some electric calls are much much better than the ones Ive usedm, I bet theres even better mouth calls than mine but really it just comes down to what your oppinion is,

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
ya reminded me that i have one of those electric deer calls got it from sportsmans guide it straps to a tree and you can use a remote to make 6 different calls.works pretty good at spooking em but maybe it was too loud .its illegal to use em here for hunting i was given it as a gift it still in one of my many gear boxes:whistling:

·
Administrator
5,709 Posts
Joel, I have the same thing from the Sportmans guide, I havent tried mine yet but I'll bring it into the woods this summer and see if i can get any action with it. I'll give full report after I use it... :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
thats what i did when i was setting up stands its pretty cool though too bad we cant use em:biggrin:

·
Administrator
5,709 Posts
yeah it's not like they create a stampede of incoming deer...:biggrin:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
now that i would love to see.gittie up

·
Administrator
5,709 Posts
I was at a New Jersey State park one time (2003) and witnessed a running Herd of deer, Had to check my pulse thought I died and went to Heaven... It sure isn't like that here in Northern Vermont.
Vermonts herd isn't as large as it used to be in days of old but they are working to rebuild it

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i camp in a state park during turkey season the park doesnt allow hunting .i wa setting up some stuff when i hear steps i look around i see deer all over the place.i took pics on a little throw away camera i think its still in the vest:yawn: got pics of the deer standing 10ft away.man i wished they would allow hunting.The wierd part is right across the road at another state park hunting is allowed.wanna guess how many deer are are over there:thumbdown:

·
Registered
221 Posts
wow thats strange lol its funny how the deer know wheres safe and wheres not I guess they are smarter than we give em credit for

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
yup they seem to know where the borders are and what season it is

1 - 17 of 17 Posts