Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10'o clock news in Buffalo, NY reports that the NYSDEC announced today the the "bug borne" illness is killing deer in Niagara county, no other counties listed as of yet. They also state that it is not harmful to humans.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
just what we needed .I wonder if its true or someone at the station is an anti.Cuz gun season starts this weekend:confused:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I believe EHD is a disease that God has created to help control the population of the deer. Each year the deer population grows by leaps and bounds. Hunters can't control this population on their own. Even though EHD may take some nice mature bucks out of the hear, I think it is imperative to remember that this disease may be necessary. I have also read that EHD is not thought to adversely effect humans either by being bitten or eating the infected meat, but it is still not recommended to consume the infected meat.I've also read that the first freeze should kill the midges and reduce most of the midge population responsible for the harm caused. In fact, that is why EHD is so bad this year because of the mild winters we've had lately.

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know man the winters in WNY have been pretty generous lately. As a matter of fact today I was sweating bullets just being outside maintaining my 4 wheeler. It was like 57 today.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
gonna be cold for the opener TG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts