Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever sold anything on ebay then had a buyer not pay you? I'm dealing with a "gem" of a jerk right now. Long story short, I sent him an invoice on Monday night (last night) after he won an auction of mine on SATURDAY night and still hadn't paid. I told him I would appreciate prompt payment and that if I didn't receive my money by 2pm today I'd report him to ebay. Well it's 3pm now and still no payment. He messaged me twice saying he didn't appreciate my messages and that he was going to "give me the feedback that I deserved to get". He also mentioned that as a seller I could NOT leave feedback on him... I believe this is wrong. Anyways, he said this "I was gone on Easter vacation and could not get to a computer!" like he was yelling it at me. I informed him that I did not know him from Adam and that for all I knew he was going to be a no-payer.

Sure wish there was a way to delete his "win" on my auction and run the auction again.

Is there away to "BLOCK" someone from ever bidding on your stuff again? That's the real question I want answered! :no:

· Super Moderator
8,472 Posts
Tator, right now I have a non-paying bow buyer. E-bay says I have to wait 5 days to then report a non-payer. I sent the invoice and he mailed me back said thanks I said I'd send it out this morning after he makes payment and no payment since Sunday night. I believe after the 5 day period I can leave negative feedback for him. Hopefully E-bay blocks him from further purchases.

· Registered
773 Posts
I'm pretty sure the rules say people have up to 7 days to pay for an item before any action can be taken, I know a person can retract a bid,and a seller can end item early for a few number of reasons, but if it sold I think it can only be relisted after a non payer after they are reported and it's over the max time limit.

· Super Moderator
8,472 Posts
Late payer did pay today so all things are good here, he stated that E-bay had some problems on Sunday and sent him some kind of bonus thing for screwing up the payment process?? Anyway bow #4 goes to a happy home tomorrow.

· Premium Member
3,335 Posts
Tator you can block bidders hard for me to explain but go to the community tab in "my ebay" in the search type in "block bidder" it will exlplain how to do it
I had a person buy a bow from me a few years ago & never heard from him had to wait the 7 days then filed a complaint ebay eliminated all fees & free relisting it happens I can say I have had trouble sending payments myself but with good communication I was able to keep the seller updated till paypal system was fixed & from what I understand you can put what ever you want for a time frame for payment say "must pay within 48 hours after end of auction" that is a famous one they still have 7 days to pay you per EBAY

· Administrator
5,531 Posts
Knock on wood, I've had good luck both as the buyer and seller, I hope my luck holds out. :whistling:

· Premium Member
3,335 Posts
Bruce
that was the only issue I ever had
don't know what happened to the person had 100% feedback 1,00's of them looked like he purchased about 20 items the same week & never paid for any of them so something must of happened to him other then that I too have had great luck with EBAY.
Wish I could buy/sell more

· Registered
430 Posts
According to Ebay rules, you have to wait 4 full days from the exact time of an auction ending, at which time if you haven't been paid you can open a case in the Resolution Center. And Tator, that guy is goofy telling you that you can't leave negative feedback for him because he is the buyer, it goes both ways, where does he think his feedback rating comes from--duh, from sellers that he buys things from. I personally have had good luck with Ebay from a buying standpoint, I've never been a seller. One of the last things I bought on Ebay was a very expensive motorcycle from a guy in Carrollton, Georgia. Really NOT like me to do something like that, but after talking with this man on the phone I knew he was trustworthy, you could just tell that this guy never learned how to lie. Hope your deal gets resolved peacably, doesn't sound like that's gonna happen.

· Premium Member
3,335 Posts
that is not correct Tomlightfield
rules were changed recently & is difficult for the seller to leave anything but positive feedback
after the buyer leaves negitive then you can respond to it
unless they changed it again since I have last sold on ebay (few months ago)

· Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well the buyer finally paid,,, this morning. About 3 and 3/4 days later after winning the auction. Why do people have to be jerks about things? I'll admit, I can fire things right back when you're being an a-hole to me. (my wife told me last night that I should've never messaged the guy and just waited patiently for the payment)... and like always, she's right. I'm naturally impatient. I get it from my father who is the KING of impatience still to this day! I've gotten better over the years, but still it comes out. I was hoping to get the money on this auction and turn it around to buy something else, but that wasn't the case,,, had to wait almost 4 days.
I just think it's crappy how some people treat others. Was my initial message to him short and to the point? Yes. Did I tell him what I would do if he didn't pay? Yes. What's wrong with that? This guy took it as a threat that he had better pay or I was going to report him to the police or something... at least that's how he reacted.

Like many of you, I have had very good luck with Ebay in the past as well. ALL the things I sell have been paid for in less than 24 hours after I sold them. PLUS, when I bought something, I ALWAYS paid within 24 hours and if I didn't, I would message the seller and give them a legit reason why I could not pay till tomorrow or the next day, whatever the case may be.

Sorry for getting worked up on here... just ticks me off that this guy would "assume" I knew he was on Easter vacation and that he couldn't pay right then...

· Premium Member
3,335 Posts
Tator I agree & don't understand how this helps or even makes sense
I can say with the temper you have I have blocked you out as a buyer J/K

· Registered
430 Posts
I'm sure you know more about it than I do Dep, I'm a casual user of Ebay at best, but if that's the case, why can a buyer bash a seller but a seller can't tell everyone when he gets a bum for a customer--seems quite illogical to me, but then again they didn't invite me to the meeting when they made the rules.HAHA

· Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I sent off the sold item today and hopefully I can wash my hands of it. Tired of dealing with this guy and not going to respond anymore to him.

A quick question... when I'm on "my selling" page, and I click on leave feedback, the screen changes and go right back to the "my selling" page. Will it even let me leave feedback at all??? If not, it is absolutely absurd that ebay made this rule change.

Also- for those of you who sell stuff on ebay- HM you might know the answer to this- why the heck does it have a "ESTIMATED FUNDS AVAILABILITY"???? What the heck is that all about? I'm guessing it's to protect the buyer from paying for something that is not what it says it is??? Just guessing. Honestly, I think this is stupid and hurts the seller once again. It's like they don't want you to sell crap on ebay, but they sure as heck want you to buy stuff. After this experience, I may be done completely with ebay in general.

This jerk of a guy thinks that negative feedback will hurt my feelings. Jokes on him, I rarely sell things on here, plus if he wants to make my 100% drop I'll just sign up for a new account and use my wife's name for it. (she already uses mine for her purchasing!) LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.