Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have done some scouting and have found the places we are going to hunt. Since it is early season and some fawns still seem to have spots and the young bucks I have seen it pics are in velvet still is there anything I should do other then sit and wait?
should I bleat, rattle, grunt, put out urine?? or is it way to early for any of these things to have an effect.

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where I am hunting this year just seems incredible. Unlimited acorn source although the acorns are not here yet.
Where I have set up my blind is where the deer are jumping a fence to get to the woods from a large field. When they do jump the fence it is very obvious that there are 2 trails that seem to go to the same area about 1/8 - 1/4 mile away.
The one trail looks used more then the other. An older hunting friend of mine says the smaller one is a buck trail. I can only assume that the bucks and the does split off but end up at the same place. Any thoughts on this?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.