Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does cold air effect arrow preformance? I know that in aviation, aircraft preform better in cold air because the air is denser. Is the same true with arrows? Do you have to be continually adjusting you sights as the season gets colder?? The reason why I'm asking is because I consider myself a fairly good archer (also took my first deer with a bow at 20yrds) and can hit the bulls eye consistantly. But recently I haven't even been able to hit the target and my arrows are flying way over the top.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
You need to shoot your bow before you go out hunting everytime! your sights are probably a little loose and they are getting out of wack on the way to the field. I have personally never heard of cold air effecting arrow preformance...

·
Administrator
5,711 Posts
cold air doesnt affect the equipment performance but it can affect the shooters performance.:whistling:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Well, the "wings" on that arrow are not designed for lift, just to make the arrow stay straight...so I would say no, air density would either make no difference or a small enough difference that you should never notice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.