Deer Hunting Forums banner

Doe in Heat Scent - Quick Question

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  concort 
#1 ·
I took some Tinks #69 Doe in Heat scent with me in the woods today and dropped/lost the bottle in the woods near my spot where I hunt. The cap is on the bottle, but is my spot now a bad spot to hunt?? Did I ruin it?! I can't find that thing anywhere and am hoping that the deer don't pick up on it if it's buried in some leaves or something. What are your thoughts on this? I really like this spot but will move to someplace else if this lost bottle of doe in heat has tainted this spot.

Thanks for any insight to this!

#3 ·
Thanks for your reply! Actually my concern was that the deer may still pick up the scent of the Tinks bottle laying in the leaves and get to "use" to that smell and just avoid that spot because they "learned" that the smell is phony. What do you think?

#7 ·
Thanks for replys! I guess I was worried because I know how sensitive the deer sense of smell is and I just envision hords of buck coming in the middle of the night....sniffing the lost bottle and then never to return because they've already check that out. Perhaps I'm paranoid!

thx again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.