Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
From what I understand they are just like the bucks (genetic wise) you have some does that are bigger and better than others.:nerd:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
yep its the same.all animals,plants and people have genes

G

·
mine have holes in the knees..... those Texas boys may have a better handle on the does genetics but I don't see why it wouldn't mater, same as the boys. FROM WORK, I KNOW WHAT YOU WERE THINKING, BAD BAD FORUM MEMBERS. LOL

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Man ronn what kind of work do you do? LOL just joking. I think that I read that the most mature doe or does get priority by like sparring with the front hooves with other does for seniority or something. I don't know.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Just ask Tiger Woods if genetics are important. Same for deer, better genetics, better baby animals. Good genetics/nutrition more chance of twins & healthly offspring. IF you believe in the spike gene possibility, then genetics play a big role in buck offspring. Take a look at the dairy industry, they want to clone the best mike producers which have been built by genetics through breeding, yes artificial insemination, but the product came from live animals, no pun intended.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts