Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 4 children and all go with me. The youngest is almost 3 and we have already begun to sit in a blind in the back yard. She loves to carry the "practice gun" that i bought from Cabellas when my oldest (now 16) was just a pup. When we go out the backdoor we are all always looking for deer. That is the best thing about being an outdoor father (at least to me) is passing on my love for hunting.

Oh, by the way, the 16 and 15 yr old wouldnt talk to their 8 yr old brother for a week because he killed a deer first.
Both had missed spikes before but that is another thread!:eek:wned:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True. I also do not hide my guns from my kids. Everytime i am doing something with one of them I ask if they wouldlike to see it an hold it. Taught them alot and each one of them, Short of the baby, knows to look in the chamber the very first thing.:yes:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I even took the baby not quite 3. We set up a blind in the back yard and only opened the windows that would allow the house not to be seen. She sat in my lap for about an hour. Then she was ready to go. The bad thing is that the deer were coming. They were about 30 more minutes out. After we drove to the store for a bug Juice when we came back there were at least 4 about 20 yards from where we were.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.