Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys came across this in another forum I frequent and figured I would share. It is a recipe for diy scent killer and i figure with the current economy it is worth a try.

16 oz.peroxide (brown bottle from wally mart is o.k(2 cups)
16 oz. distilled water
1/4 cup baking soda
1 oz. non- scented shampoo

let this sit for a few days in a one gallon milk container with the lid loose and should be good to go.

Tips on spray bottles ; should be impervious to light, paint clear bottles black if neccasary.

Hope this helps save some of you a few bucks this season!

G

·
yea i've seen this deal before. the difference is the peroxide is only like 3 or 4% and the concoction i saw was with peroxide for swimming pools. i think i'll stick with scent killer 99% and silver xp thanks anyway

·
Registered
283 Posts
I found this recipe about 3 years ago and posted it in a few forums. I have used it with success. (8 deer in 3 years) It does not stain clothing.
I cover with earth scent which seems to work good too.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Boy, you guys are a tough crowd! Not sure if it works or not however there were quite a few posts stating it works well on the forum it came from. I was just passing on to you guys what I thought was a pretty good idea.... maybe I should just keep quiet next time. Besides with a screen name like deerless who would trust me anyway?

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Heck deerless, I trust you. I have also seen the recipe here before. I would use it if I ran out of the usual and had the ingredients on hand.

G

·
Boy, you guys are a tough crowd! Not sure if it works or not however there were quite a few posts stating it works well on the forum it came from. I was just passing on to you guys what I thought was a pretty good idea.... maybe I should just keep quiet next time. Besides with a screen name like deerless who would trust me anyway?
hahahahaha. no, its if something is working for you and you confidence in it it doesn't make too much sense to mess with it. ya know.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I think you should keep speaking your peace. I like reading these posts that offer something different to think about.We are all adults and some more experienced more than others at hunting, but we should be open to other ideas , even to keep our minds open to a POSSIBLE change or improvement. I often wonder how much stock we put into what marketing schemes try to make us believe how their products actually work.Example,ScentLok.Personally I use baking soda in a clean pre rinsed W/baking soda washing machine and it seems to hold my trust ,however I am open to other ideas . Trial and error is a good method. Keep posting and try to take some of the replies with an open mind and a grain of salt.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
I agree with huntr, there's always reason to give new things a try especially if it's going to save a few dollars, those dollars we save add up.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
LOL ...I trust you .. Dont stay quiet
But i got to ask ..how does some one come up with the screen name deerless

1 - 11 of 11 Posts