Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Father in law has scheduled a trip for the family to Disney World the weekend before thanskgiving, this just so happens to be the opening weekend of gun season. Our two girls are more than excited and this cannot be called off. We'll be making the drive down the east coast and back next weekend. My fellow NY hunters, please save a deer for me: ) This was the first year that I missed opening day of Bow and now Gun. Enjoy your time in the woods while I'm hanging out with Mickey Mouse!

·
Registered
773 Posts
It's frustrating I know! We missed youth weekend all together here caz we had unexpected family company come by, son was disappointed about not going but also happy about seeing one of his cousin's he hadn't seen in a long time.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
In-laws... gotta love 'em! haha That stinks man, I feel your pain. My father-in-law and I get along very well though. He's an old cattle farmer so he doesn't go many places very often. My in-laws are the home-body types that are always at home. Kinda convenient if you need anything, ever.

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Ouch, the weekend before Thanksgiving. Well you get much quality time with the fam and your kids will be delighted to see all of the Disney stuff. Talk your in laws into going to Animal Kingdom too, they have deer there. I'll save you lots of deer there are plenty here. Maybe we can do a deer drive when you get back, I'll chase some over too you.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
:bag: Shoot the deer in Animal Kingdom.. Just kidding!!

Your F-I-L must not be a hunter.. That stinks..

Enjoy the trip. Get them to drop you off in TN and I will take you hunting down here somewhere.. My wife and kids can go with your family.. Me and you can stay and hunt TN for awhile.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
:bag: Shoot the deer in Animal Kingdom.. Just kidding!!

Your F-I-L must not be a hunter.. That stinks..

Enjoy the trip. Get them to drop you off in TN and I will take you hunting down here somewhere.. My wife and kids can go with your family.. Me and you can stay and hunt TN for awhile.
That's what I was going to say.:yes: Come up 75 on your way back and I will put you on one, you can come to BF.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I feel your pain there brother . . .

I missed the opening weekend of deer season for the past two years. This is the first time I've been home in three years, last year in El Paso, the year before in North Carolina. Figured I would have to send the boss a formal protest letter if he did it to me three years in a row. Fortunately I didn't have to do that. <grin>

RR

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the TN offers Buckfever and Buckshot (hahahaha thats awesome). As tempting as that is I think the family would not appreciate that, but it would be cool to take that offer up some other time. Same to you TG.

BB, youre right about my inlaws not hunting. When I first met my wife she didn't think people still hunted and it was only a thing of the past. Now she dosen't like beef and the only red meat we eat is venison. I wish I had a picture of this - I needed her help to hang my doe from last year so I had her "hug" the does chest and lift as I pulled it higher and tied the knot. --Priceless--

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Heading south tomorrow on the eve of New Yorks Southern Zone Gun Deer Season. Godd Hunting all fellow NY's. I'll play clean up with my 4 tags after Thanksgiving. Think of me riding Dumbo and Slowly Spinning Tea Cups while youre in the woods :0 (the girls will love it though)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.