Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about the Dimond bows? I've heard that they are light weight and ideal for ladies use...but I was jw if ya'll had any thing to say about them...

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
I cant help either But for what it may be worth I haven't heard any bad about them.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
was looking at the diamond edge for my nephew nice bow and adjustable went with browning midas instead for price reasons

·
Registered
790 Posts
Anyone know anything about the Dimond bows? I've heard that they are light weight and ideal for ladies use...but I was jw if ya'll had any thing to say about them...
Buy the new Matthews lite. At about 3 1/2lbs it would be hard to find a lighter better bow than that. At your age you probably won't have to worry anymore about your draw length changing either. There is no question that you would like that bow.:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
I guess i will be the diamond buster. 10 point needs to get on here and give his thoughts about them.. He had some trouble out of his and had to take it back to the shop a few times.. I dont remember the details.. Nothing major I dont think but small items several times. Plus you got to take into account thats coming from a 16 yr old that thinks if his bow is shooting off "its gotta be the bow" when its probably just him..

My neighbor went to the bow shop asking around and shooting different bows.. There was no one there he talked to that were glad they bought a diamond. The way he said it they talked very poorly of them.. Back then he was looking at a diamond because he hunted with 10 point a couple times and liked the look and style.

Diamond is made by bowtech but I dont know what shortcuts they took in order to make the bow cheaper.. Id look into it a little more..

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been looking into it a little more...we went over to Gander Mountian and the guy said they are good from what he has gathered and there was another husband and wife there at the desk and the wife said she had a dimond and was pleased with it...:confused:

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
I have two friends that sell/tune/repair Bows. I called both and asked what they thought about Diamond Bows and
after a lot of chat they both agreed that the only problems they've ever seen with Diamond Bows were
loose or poorly installed add on parts like quivers, sites, peeps, etc.
Both said they aren't a hunters top choice but they do perform well after a good tune up.

ETD I think awhile back you mentioned you liked Michael Waddell as a hunter, is that right?
Reason I ask is because he shoots Hoyt and we all know Hoyt is the best. Michael wouldn't tell us no tales...
If you got a Hoyt, next time he's at one of your local shows, you could get him to Autograph it for you. :w00t:

whichever you choose I wish you all the best of luck with it.

P.S. if you do decide to look at the Hoyts,
Check out the Hoyt Anvenger Plus that's
the one I'd recommend for you.

·
Registered
190 Posts
ive heard the bow its self isnt bad at all but if something goes wrong with it and you need the manuf. to do something since it isnt on bowtechs mainstream bows then they are bad about helping with it. good luck

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Bruce....I'll go take a look at the Hoyts....

·
Registered
247 Posts
I am very dissapointed with my diamond I would definetly not buy one again it has broke alot. I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread for the first year then watch out here come the shop bills the first thing that broke was the slide bar I pulled it back to shoot and I just happened to look down and there is my slide bar so I thought I got that fixed but then it happened again it was not drilled right from the factory. so then the cable slide broke then the peep broke. I forgot to say the quiver broke before any of this. Now lets talking about hard to keep tuned i would have to get it tuned every 2 weeks then finally it stayed tuned. I have killed a deer with this bow but it has not been a good deal like I thought it would but I defenitly do not reckomend this bow to anyone. I also forget to mention resale price is about 1/3 of the price of what you pay new. I have had this bow 3 years 2 huntin seasons and all this stuff broke after the first huntin season. I would buy a mathews but at 16 I can't afford a new bow maybe this summer but it defenitly will be a Mathews they shoot like a dream. I am not the only person that has this problem like buckfever said. Everyone likes them till about a year old then they start breaking.

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I looked at the Hoyt and it looks good...but I can't seem to find the prices...I know the general range but not on a particular bow

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
wow that stinks you had all that trouble with yours and I know there are a LOT of Mathews lovers that are going to snap at what i'm going to say and I hate to say it but the Mathews Guarantee is quite shady.
A friend of mine bought a new Drenalin last year and when he went to practice with it his first draw back the Cam pin came out broke his site and he never found the peep, after taking it to the shop for (warranty repairs) the shop called Mathews for parts and to make sure Mathews would cover the repair, They said they needed to talk with the customer first, so my friend talked with Mathews and the first thing they asked was, did you alter the bow or add any accessories to the bow? my friend said yes and well after a lot of talk they agreed to cover his repairs BUT I think their Guarantee is going to become a problem for others at some point. My friend wasn't happy but he was thankful they covered it.
I was shocked to hear that because there's been so much hype about Mathews..
I went to mathews website myself to look and sure enough my friend wasn't pulling my leg here's a quote from Mathews Website...

The thing that saved my friend was he had JUST barely bought the bow when it happened it was only 2 days old.

"LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY. YOUR MATHEWS BOW IS WARRANTED AGAINST DEFECTS IN MATERIALS AND WORKMANSHIP TO THE ORIGINAL OWNER, WHEN PURCHASED AT AN AUTHORIZED RETAILER, FOR THE LIFE OF THE ORIGINAL OWNER. THIS INCLUDES ALL BOW PARTS EXCEPT THE STRING, BUSS CABLE, CABLE SLIDE, RUBBER STRING SUPPRESSORS :FINGER" AND COSMETIC APPEARANCE(CHIPS, DINGS, SCRATCHES) CAUSED BY NORMAL USE AND WEAR. BOWS SENT BACK TO MATHEWS WITHOUT A PRE-ISSUED RETURN AUTHORIZATION NUMBER WILL BE REFUSED, ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WRITTEN OR IMPLIED, ARE VOID WITH ANY ALTERATIONS TO THE BOW. Honesty is the best policy...."

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
thats a pretty standard warranty.they did fix it ,so no harm done .that alteration thing is in there so people dont start tinkering with the bow

·
Registered
190 Posts
i just found a defect in the limbs on my gaurdian so now i get to play with bowtechs warranty and see it they can fix it

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts