Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I found this today when I opened a new box of Remington Core-Lokt 150 grain .30-30 shells. I won't be putting this one thru my gun! Always inspect your ammo before loading it into your firearm!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sent an E-mail to Remingtons main office with the above pic attached. I don't know how there customer service is as i'v never had a problem with their products. I'll keep all of you posted, and let you know what they say.

·
Registered
602 Posts
they haven't responded yet??? nice customer service for sure. will remember that later on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very sorry for the long delay in my part (Internet Problems). Remington did contact me and offered to replace my box of shells. I decided not to bother with the hassel of shipping them out, and waiting for a new box of shells. The 19 good shells that were in the box are about 100 yrds. down range. lol

·
Registered
799 Posts
I would expect Remmington to ship me a new box of cartridges and to keep the 19 remaining good ones just for the inconveniance, and nothing less. I would contact them again and indicate precisly that.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
OR you could just thank Remington for allowing you to keep evidence of their poorly made products!
If it were mine, I wouldnt send it back.

·
Registered
110 Posts
i had gotten a box of remington 150 Gr. Cor-lokt when i was stationed in Texas, EVERY ROUND had bad primers. even being Active duty it took em 3 weeks to get back to me, and they just pretty much told me the same thing. send em back, AT MY EXPENSE, and they would replace them. no thanks. thats why i stick to hand loading. I understand it happens, but when im out on a mule deer hunt in western Texas, and have that happen, i wasnt very happy. Federal on the other hand, i have never had a problem with. (when and if i shoot factory loads)

·
Registered
110 Posts
OR you could just thank Remington for allowing you to keep evidence of their poorly made products!
If it were mine, I wouldnt send it back.

I have my remington 270, but refuse to buy the ammo. poor quality. i compare it to WOLF...

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I've been shooting Remington ammo since I was 14 shooting ducks and geese and have never had a bad shell. I rely on them for big game ammo also. Looks like I have just been lucky by the posts here! I like Remington ammo and the performance they are noted for. I also use Winchester and Federal and Weatherby ammo.

·
Registered
110 Posts
i used to run the winchester 150 grain power Points in the 270 and that was pretty much all i shot out of it until i started reloading. pretty good round...and still pretty cheap like the federals compared to most of the ammo these days.

G

·
after hornady started making boxed ammo the others. win, rem, fed, all stepped up their game with better built bullets. rem using bearclaw i believe, win and nosler fail safe, fed not sure who the use. hornady? i think. i shoot two manufacturers now. federals vital-shok 120gr in the 260, 225 vital shok in the 338 win mag, everything else gets hornady. well there is a 3rd. the 338 RUM gets 250gr remington.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
You are sneaky Bruce
I'm actually a fan of Remington ammo, ammo that makes it's way to the market like this sneaking through quality control become collectible loads.
I'd like to have a bunch of collectible loads.. :w00t:

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm actually a fan of Remington ammo, ammo thats makes it's way to the market like this sneaking through quality control become collectible loads.
I'd like to have a bunch of collectible loads.. :w00t:

i have a box of 1968 Remington Kleanbore 300 savage Hi-Speed 150 gr. Core-lokt's. redid my aunts parents house and found all kinds of old ammo. those, a ton of 12 ga. paper shells. and a nickle plated 1911. wish i could have kept that....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts