Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pictures of a deer and a **** apparently arguing over the pile of corn between them.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
I get that all the time here in MO... those doggone ***** run the place! People underestimate how many ***** there are on their property all the time. Those things are like rats. Many times when I put out corn, i'll also put out a **** trap with some marshmellows in it and catch a **** each evening. They are a nuisance animal here, and their hides are almost worthless around here too. They can kill a garden in NO time.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ha..cool pictures. That's not a bad sized buck either.
I started getting pictures of him near the end of the season. The last three weeks or so of the season I let a bunch of does and several smaller bucks walk hoping that I would get a shot at him. I never did. I did get a couple of pictures of him right out in front of my shooting house at about 7:00 am on mornings that I wasn't able to hunt. Having to go to work during deer season is a bummer!

But I am going to start next season with getting him top priority. I am going to put out additional game cameras and do scouting to try to have him patterned for next season. With a three and a half month season I hope I can get him. Maybe he will even be a ten pointer next season. He was eight this past season.

And BTW, he made it through this season. I have gotten pictures of him after the season was over.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I get that all the time here in MO...
I grew up on a farm in Southeast Missouri. I still own some land there. I am trying to sell it so I can buy some land down here in Alabama. It is excellent deer hunting land. Ten and twelve point bucks are seen almost routinely on it. At 350 miles away, it is just too far for me to get much use of it or to contol it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey win73 you care if I use one of those pics to go with a baiting article??

Thanks
No problem, go ahead. I sure would like to read the article.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.