Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The deer tick here in upstate New York is starting to spread out more and more. Has anyone ever considered a deer scent/tick repellent. Something you could spray on as a cover scent while hunting and also would repel ticks ?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
The deer tick here in upstate New York is starting to spread out more and more. Has anyone ever considered a deer scent/tick repellent. Something you could spray on as a cover scent while hunting and also would repel ticks ?
You will be the first. The smell of some of the cover scents will repel just about everything but ticks:yucky:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i use permathine.you can get it at Sawyer® Products - The Leader in Outdoor Protection this stuff works great you spray it on your cloths allow to dry for 24hrs and then it kills the ticks on contact,it last for several weeks even after washings and has no smell.Lyme disease is no joke use this stuff

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
We got into tick problems in PA this year. I had three on me and two in my clothes at home. I will be looking for some type of spray also. Pa deer in the last several years now have both type of ticks on them and hunters need to be careful handling them. I'm not aware that the large wood ticks are a major problem, but the small ticks with the red abdomens are the potential lyme carriers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe this can be directed to one of the scent manufactures and they can start to develop something. Just tell them it was my idea first so I can get my cut after they make millions. A cover scent/tick repellent would be great or an odorless spray. I will be trying out some of that Permethrin spray.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
no stinkin bugs makes one but it makes me queasy.the permathine is the way to go.:yes:

·
Registered
100 Posts
You mean ya'll have tick problems in the winter there? Maybe thats where all the ones in Arkansas resort too. Ours are bad in the summer but seldom seen in the winter and I hunt the deepwoods and river bottoms. I guess we boys in the South have more to be thankful for than we realized. Just bottle them up and take to the White House on vacation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts