Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, im not shure if it is safe to use my old stands any more. they are regular stands for people up to 250 lbs. i dont weigh 250 but im probably pushing 220lbs. what do you guys think? can i use my old stands? or should i get a big boy stand?

·
Registered
394 Posts
How old are your stands? If they are not to old and you are comfortable why spend the money.If your lookin for an excuse to tell the wife to get a new stand I think all of us understand that one. Otherwise I would do what you feel is safe, ultimately you have to sit in them not us.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no i dont need any ecuses to buy new stands. if mine are safe im happy with them. i just wanted to make shure i dident need a fat boy stand.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
As long as there in good shape they ought to be fine.. The 220 isnt going to be a problem.. Your not quite to fat boy status yet.. Most dudes i hunt with are over 250 and they use the same stands that I use rated for 250 and under..

·
Registered
790 Posts
Hey guys stop making fun of me. My belly is just a fuel tank for a love machine (Bucks, Bass, and Beer) I love them all.:no::w00t:

·
Registered
773 Posts
I got onr stand with a 250 rating and one with a 350 rating (both are face the tree stands) I am right at 275 lbs and + gear and I like the way the 250 sets best so I use it most of the time with out any problem yet

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cool. im just going to stick with the ones i got. i just wanted to make shure i was going to be safe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts