Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would personally find it interesting to know what everyone's state hunting regulations are... and by that I mean, how many of each deer you can take in bow and/or rifle. Now I realize some of your counties in your state may be different than others when it comes to number of deer harvested being allowed, but what's it like in your county?

Missouri- 1 bow buck, 1 firearms buck, unlimited does. (unless you're down south towards the bootheel. any deer tags are $17 and doe tags are $7.
NEXT.....

·
Registered
44 Posts
In South Dakota, we have Black Hills deer tags, West River deer tags, muzzleloader deer tags and East River deer tags. We start with a draw system and after all the draws are done if there are any tags left you can get them, limit of 5 per person. You have Black Hills BH101-valid for 1 any deer(muley or whitetail, buck or doe), BH111-valid for any whitetail(buck or doe), these are good for all 4 Black Hills deer units. Then there are the doe tags for each unit BD1,2,3 and 4. this year there were only 100 doe tags per unit to be drawn. last year there were at least 250 doe tags in each unit and the years before that there were at least 750 doe tags in each unit. I remember having 5 tags per year now I get 1.The number of Black Hills deer tags have been decreasing every year due to road hunters and taxidermists sending petitions to GF&P stating that mountain lions are decimating the herds. Which is not true. They also have been increasing the number of tags for mountain lions above the recommendations of the biologists. I have been here 6 years and have only seen 1 other hunter(not in my party of hunters) out of his vehicle and in the woods in that time and I have seen more deer every year. Sorry to have gotten on my soapbox. East and West River tags are by specific areas and or counties. you just have to know where they are and scout the areas for public land before you apply for the tags. It is complicated out here.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Vermont; THREE deer per year — only TWO may be LEGAL BUCKS in any
combination of seasons (Archery, Youth Weekend, Nov. Rifle,
Dec. Muzzleloader).

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Tennessee is three bucks only one per day, 4 does bow season, 4 does muzzleloader, then we have additional doe days in some counties. In unit L counties it's pretty much unlimited does. I know guys that kill 30+ deer a year, legally.

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
if I stay in my hunting zone it is three
1 either sex bow 1 buck bow & one w/ firearm
I can get special management permits for different parts of the state

·
Registered
591 Posts
Kentucky

1 Buck per season, weapon doesn't matter
Unlimited does.

Hunting Liscense $20
Deer permit 1 either sex, 1 Antlerless $30
Bonus deer 2 antlerless $15

·
Registered
824 Posts
Texas - varies by county, but typically count is for all seasons combined

My county - 1 buck 2 doe

County to the south (maybe 3 miles as the crow flies) - 2 buck, 3 doe

·
Registered
798 Posts
We have lots of hunting here for ten different species. As for deer, (though not unlimited, like some states), there are more antlerless tags available than would be necessary to fill anyone's freezer. But for bucks, you can only shoot one, and you have to choose between a muley or whitetail. This year, I've got two elk tags (one is for either sex; the other for antlerless elk). I've had years in the past when I've killed three antelope, a 5x5 muley and a 5x5 bull elk, and then just stopped hunting even though I had a couple more tags in my wallet. It was getting impossible to find anyone left who wanted the extra meat.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
buckshot-
Yeah I know some guys who hunt on my father-in-law's leased land that take 15-20 does each year b/c they either donate it (it's free to donate in my county!) or they have the money (obviously) to make it into jerky or sausage for x-mas present to family and friends.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Tennessee is three bucks only one per day, 4 does bow season, 4 does muzzleloader, then we have additional doe days in some counties. In unit L counties it's pretty much unlimited does. I know guys that kill 30+ deer a year, legally.
Im in Unit L.. Unlimited does over here. Same buck regs as what Buckshot has in his woods.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Illinois
I only bow hunt so this info is relative,

Bucks: 2 antlered deer per year

Does: one deer per permit, no limit and purchased over the counter.

I generally pick up 2 combo permits ( 2 either sex and 2 antlerless tags) @ 26.00 ea

the second combo is an insurance permit.

·
Registered
43 Posts
2 bucks, 0 does

Crappy season it starts in august and ends in september. your lucky if you see 10+ deer in one day. and if you get one they usually look like a doberman with antlers:confused:
P.S. just incase you come to california to deer hunt it is called A zone. Just sayin so you dont make the mistake of hunting here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In Mass. it's two bucks,as many does as you have permits for western and central and eastern , Martha's vinyard and Nantucket Island, unlimited permits just have to buy more permits if you run out of your first alotment. As I have told others not to get delutions of granger about hunting out there as it's damm tough to hunt there ! Scub oak and green brier low bush bluberry posted land !You can buy any available permits that are left in any zones after the drawing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts