Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my name is marco and i am a serious deer hunter . i live in quebec and i have a camp in dunham near the vermont state. i'm looking for a land for the rifle deer season in 2008 and more, near the canadian border (Frelighsburgh) franklin or berkshire. if somebody can help me to find a place please send me a message thank you

G

·
Maine, NH, and VT I believe have an open land law. If its not posted you can hunt it without permission but if you are asked to leave by the land owner, you must do so. The northern part of NH is predominantly owned by paper Co's and is not posted. So hunt where you like. Of course you would have to do the leg work of scouting and the like. There is no shortage of land that can be hunted in central and northern NH. Hope that helps. and welcome to this forum.

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Hey marco, and welcome to the site, greetings from WNY. Sorry, I have no knowledge of the New England state laws and all that but I guarantee you there are some great fellas on here that will help you out. As you can see ronn is one of them and BruceBruce1959 is from the area as well. Good Luck.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
ronn is right, you can hunt anywhere in Vermont as long as the land isn't posted but if the landowner asks you to leave then you must leave.
you may want to contact the Vermont dept. of fish and wildlife and ask them for information. The fish and game departments are usually full of information about open woodlots or WMA's (wildlife management areas) that can be hunted.
Here are the links for Maine and New Hampshire also.
New Hampshire fish and game dept. and Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife

Good Luck

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
now ya know go get em

1 - 5 of 5 Posts