Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else get this e-mail last fall? I recieved it from a buddy of mine, and I have no clue where these pictures are taken. It makes me sick to look at it though, because it gives hunters a bad name for what these people did.
The reason I'm posting this is because I wanted to know what ever happened to the people involved, and I wanted to know what state this occured in and the game laws there.
It just goes to show you, that some people cannot be trusted with firearms.
The e-mail stated that 31 bucks were taken, all were over 7 pt each. and there were 7 does taken. Multiple heads of bucks and does on the ground around the camp.
:sad:SICKENING feeling.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
I've heard of camps that do that. I think that it is called a deer pole or something. Then again it could be a camp full of hunters using all of their tags at one time legally. Not sure but there is alot of straps, sausage and burger there.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well maybe I'm wrong, but the e-mail made it out to be illegal. Supposedly it was a few guys using their tags, their girlfriend's tags and any other tags they could get their hands on. If this was legit, then that's fine.... maybe the e-mail was wrong???
That sure is a lot of deer though....

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
if its legal and they got that many hunters allrt,but if its not they look like slob hunters to me.as much as i like to hunt i only harvest what i need.i dont think these guys are thinking about next year or the future.

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
I've seen Deer camps/clubs in New Jersey with Deer poles that look similar to this.
I don't know anything about this picture or it's location but WHO in their right mind would display deer this way if they were taken illegally?

I think it's probably just a Deer camp/club location.

·
Registered
110 Posts
it doesnt matter if it was legal or not. killing that many deer, be it bucks or does in a close proximity like that, will kill off any chances of having good deer with good genetics. I DO however know that 4 counties here in WV are holding a OPEN SEASON hunt for deer with CWD (Chronic Wasting Disease). that is understandable. but whipping out pretty much a herd if not more? that is wrong. i dont care who you are. legal or not.

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
it doesnt matter if it was legal or not. killing that many deer, be it bucks or does in a close proximity like that, will kill off any chances of having good deer with good genetics. I DO however know that 4 counties here in WV are holding a OPEN SEASON hunt for deer with CWD (Chronic Wasting Disease). that is understandable. but whipping out pretty much a herd if not more? that is wrong. i dont care who you are. legal or not.

Extrmehunter007, I used to think the same thing until I talked with a few of the actual hunters from one of those hunting camp/clubs located in New Jersey.
The hanging deer don't all come from the immediate area, The deer may have been harvested from great distances away from the camp/club including other counties but the hunters meet at the camp/club and hang their Deer to celebrate their harvests.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.