Deer Hunting Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
G

·
me too. I will be pretty tickled just to see a bruiser while in a tree. I found out that there are a few Golden triangle named places out there. One even in texas. I'm looking forward to it. at least it will be cool to see some new deer country. good luck on that 12. make it your goal for 1 week and nothing else will do. nothing says you can't change your mind after that. the guys i know that hunt one deer say there is nothing like it. it will test your woodsmanship, determination, patience, your resolve, and ability to adapt. some day i'll be in the position to hunt like that.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
nothing like that anticipation of waiting for the hunt to arrive ,the hunt itself and that moment when you spot MR BIG:biggrin:

·
Registered
8,462 Posts
ronn, last year was my first time actually bowhunting a specific buck, ended up shooting a 7 pt all on one side, to fill a tag second to last day. Some would have passed and left with a tag in hand. This buck had non-tipical points so it wasn't a big thing to cull him. I still love the meat so....... but this year there is reason to hold out till the last day!

G

·
Thats one of the great things about hunting. The bar is set by the hunter. It could be a certain number of inches, only a mature buck, or mature animal. It could be a cull to make the herd better for years to come, or just to give a deer a terminal case of freezer wrap, or you can fill the freezer with does and then switch it up and set the bar on a buck. its all good. And as you said, there are the yummies you get. Whats pa's rules can you take more than one buck?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.