Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,462 Posts
ronn is it a bowhunt or rifle/shotgun? Either way you'll show them how to drop a buck in its tracks and restore the Outfitter's confidence in his clients. Maybe it went both ways the clients didn't get their poorly hit game and the outfitter didn't have kind words for his clients abilit'y to shoot. Anyway I hope that 200" monster walks your way. Speaking of shotguns, I'm setting up a Remington Express 12 ga mag with a (Leupold 3X9 rifleman ex bought for my birthday this year, ya I know why is she still my ex!!!!). Gun came with 2 barrels one being the 20" rifled. I read where Remington has a new shotgun slug that is accurate out to 200 yds. I remember all we had was the old pumpkin balls good for 50-75 yds if you were lucky. This will be my midwest deer gitter.

·
Registered
8,462 Posts
ronn, last year was my first time actually bowhunting a specific buck, ended up shooting a 7 pt all on one side, to fill a tag second to last day. Some would have passed and left with a tag in hand. This buck had non-tipical points so it wasn't a big thing to cull him. I still love the meat so....... but this year there is reason to hold out till the last day!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.