Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the pictures and specs of the home made deer cart I promised a couple days ago, hope it helps. It was made from scrap square aluminum tubing and the axel and wheel assembly came from a garden cart I had.

To fold it for hauling just take two wing nuts off the cross braces and fold it up.

Each side is 4' long and 19" and 17" wide.
The wheel base is 29" wide.
The two cross braces are 25" long.

[/IMG

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
thanks i dont have a tig welder so im gonna have to bolt everything together.i got some ideas of using those push carts for groceries .thanks again for the pics

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Cool setup. I bought a deer cart from Walmart a couple years ago at 3am and went hunting with it a few hrs later. Then I got extra super lucky and got a great buck that was pretty heavy and as I was carting him out of the woods the plastic wheel rim snapped into a million pieces. To make matters worse when I finnaly get home my wife freaks out and takes the cart back to Walmart with blood, fur and mud all over it and gets a refund. She said the same cashier was still there from earlier and was surprised to see her back. She made me stay home cuz I would've been embarassed by the way she handled the situation. She's crazy like that.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
ya got a good wife there TG ya better keep her:yes:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:biggrin::thumbup: I agree, you need to keep her.

The wheels on deer carts do take a beating.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
TG, maybe you don't need a cart to get the deer out of the woods??? Get someone mad and the deer might get pulled like Santa's sleigh. Just make sure you get the harness on first! :w00t:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Deer carts are great in the right area. Here in the deep woods of South Arkansas we use 4-wheelers. I have yet to see a cart that would be able to handle the log roads and trails of most deer leases here.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't go hunting without mine. I only use it to get the deer out of the woods instead of a dead wieght drag, puting wheels under a deer makes a lot of difference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts