Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
I can relate a similar story this year as i simply blew an easy dink shot and hit the left shoulder with a rage 3 blade and got no penetration. I would guess as you already have the frothy blood would indicate a lung hit. You didn't say if you had an exit hole but I would surmise there wasn't any. Seems like with-in that 150 yds the wound clots and then no blood without an exit hole to drain the blood. I tried the rage this year and given the poor shot it's probably not fair to judge them but I think the muzzy would have done its job. You should be able to determine the inches of arrow penetration based on the broken shaft and then determine the probable vitals hit. I would give the area a good looking as he's probably going down for the count with a single lung hit it just will take longer. Pink frothy blood lung, medium red muscle, dark red liver hit, thats what I look for after the hit then make a time determination on looking for the animal. If the lung is hit, when trailing the blood, look for blood in front of the side blood trail and centered, indicating blood from the nostrils.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.