Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think is the best, day time or night time hunting? I personally think night time hunting is the best really gets my adrenaline going.

Moonshine aint gonna make it self.
Todd.
__________________________________________________ _________
Hunting Club
Michael Paul Davis
Albert Kenneth Watson
Devin Mei
John McRae Wolfe II
Robert Palmer
Mary Jane Evans
Jack Arlington
Larry Gilmore

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
both can be productive early season i would agree evenings are a little better.stand location also plays a role as to when you hunt a stand,some stands you just cant get to in the morning without bumping em out.i always hunt both just good to be hunting

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I hunt both... but I watch my trail cameras too. Right now, on the property I hunt herre in Missouri, deer are only coming out in the evenings and they either stay out all night or get up really early (before day break) and move around. Right now at sun up they are still bedded or somewhere that I'm not! That will change once the weather cools even more...

·
Registered
591 Posts
Nighttime hunting is by far the best but illegal in Kentucky, for deer that is. As for daytime hunting, I prefer afternoons in the early season, all day for late October thru November and morning or evenings for December. Anytime is a fine time to be in the woods for me.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Nighttime hunting is by far the best but illegal in Kentucky, for deer that is. As for daytime hunting, I prefer afternoons in the early season, all day for late October thru November and morning or evenings for December. Anytime is a fine time to be in the woods for me.
:ph34r::whistling:lol

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
O yaaa you gotta love that Night Hunting :w00t: a good spot light and a pickup :bag:

Really I like mornings and afternoons... The Same

·
Registered
824 Posts
Yup . . . it's also illegal in TX, too. Dawn to Dusk is what I say . . . "From one-half hour before sunrise to one-half hour after sunset." . . . well, that's what TxDP&W says in their rulebook, although I'm pretty sure I've bent that a bit by going almost until it was too dark to see a time or two. This is when it's always nice to know EXACTLY where you're bullet's going to end up after pulling the trigger.

I think Southern Man said it best - "Anytime is a fine time to be in the woods for me." Can't think of a better way to put it.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
I like the mornings much better. A lot more success for me during that time.

The only time I like evening hunts is during bow season. It seems that early I still see alot of deer in the evening hours.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Sports- are you talking about evening hunting, right before sundown?? That's what I figured you meant when you said "night hunting". Sorry! Missouri doesn't allow "spotlight" hunting, or hunting at night. All our hunting seasons have a rule that you can't take an animal 30min past sun set.
QUESTION: there are states that allow spotlight hunting and/or night time hunting? WOW

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Tator. Are you asking a question?

Never seen a state that allowed night time hunting. There are some states that allow you to spotlight the deer just to look at them but no actual shooting at that time.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Yes I was... sorry, i wasn't trying to mock anyone or anything! I just couldn't believe that some states actually allow you to spotlight and hunt. It's been my experience that deer freeze in the spotlight...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts