Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, more like 30 minutes early and a buck short.

legal light for todays hunt was at 6:56am. at 6:26 I had a buck 10' from the ladder of my stand. I heard him coming in from about 100yds out, as he sounded like a person walking through the woods crashing timber, sticks and rustling leaves.
I thought I got his image on my trail cam as he exited out in that general area, but all I got was his hind quarter. figures, any other time the cam is taking pictures of deer in the next county.

BTW, legal light is a half hour before sunrise. generally you still cant see anything well enough to shoot at that time anyway.

I thought coming in that close he was going to wind me. Point, scent killer.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
that stinks man... had the same thing happen to me last year. The big boy came RIGHT under my stand not 5 min after I got up in it. It was too dark. He stuck around about 60 yds away until day light that way I could for sure see him as he was walking away. He was my GIANT last year that I never got.... prob would've scored 160-170.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Tator
I need to come hunt with you!! 160-170 is a salty deer! No telling what he will score this year!!:shocking: Have u got any pics this year of him??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts