Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Every thing was perfect for a great hunt this past weekend and I was stoked. I had one of those rare feelings like I was destined to score on a big one and this was the weekend.

Then came a late night call from the lady that owns my little honey hole. "Buckshot she says, I have some bad news for you, Jimmy is coming home from Chicago and wants to take the boys hunting".

OK so that is not a problem I'll just change gears and go up to the club on the mountain. Now I will admit right now I have not set foot on one inch of the 5,500 acres. What can I say it's been a busy year. It's still no problem I have hunted that place for 6 years and have dozens of stand sites I have scouted before. I just down load them to the GPS and away I go.

So it's an hour before daylight and I'm walking into my selected site that is near a creek bottom filled with big white oak trees but there is a problem. All the trees have been cut!

By the time I walked back out drove out to the road to my second choice it was after daylight. thank God that tree was still there at least. No more got settled in and the wind started blowing steady 10-15. I am starting to loose that feeling of pre determined destiny. Dang it!

I stick it out for about three hours and call it quits. Since there weren't any hunters checked into the compartments I was in I spent the next 5 hours scouting and trying to set the world record for ticks collected in one day.

I guess that's the way it goes sometimes.:wallbash:

Saturday wasn't a total bust, I found quite a few really nice rubs, with the largest on a four inch tree. These were just velvet rubs I can't wait to see what they do here in a couple of weeks. There's a moral to the story there somewhere I just am not sure what it is.

Wish me luck I going to try it again in the morning.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Good luck Buckshot !!

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
that stinks ,thats why ya got to have a "plan B" C,D,E,F:lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
I looked for the moral of the story for you Buck. The only thing I could come up with was "Pack Tweezers for tick removal"

Hope it gets better for you. Im sure it will. Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts