Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
its a very good entry leval black powder rifle.I own one and im very satisfied with it.I would buy the rifle that comes with the kit all you need is primer and powder.eventually you'll want other stuff but for the price you get alot and its good stuff.:nerd:

G

·
unless CVA has changed, I'm not a fan. I have the CVA 150 magnum. I'm using the savage smokeless muzzleloader. its about 800 ft per sec faster than most frontloaders. therefore flatter shooting.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Find a Knight Wolverine and be happy forever. It is entry level but the rest of the market is still trying to catch up. Really, Really a great gun for little money.

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
I would say the CVA Wolf is a very good Muzzleloader.
It's an Inline(easy to clean), uses 209 primers (Top O' the line ignition),
It's used by many Hunters that harvest plenty of game with it So yes,
along with Joel I would say it's a good muzzleloader too.
The other 2 muzzleloaders mentioned (Savage & Knight) are good muzzleloaders as well but
they cost 3 if not 4 or 5 times as much as the CVA....

The Bottom line is they all have the ability to harvest trophy Game,
you Load it, you shoot it, you kill it and grill it.

Good Luck... :coffee:

·
Registered
790 Posts
I think you can buy the Knight from Sportsmans Guide for 250.00. I think CVA has come a long way but Knights Green Mountain barrels are hard to beat for accur.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Just checked 269.97 For the complete package deal. It will shoot 1" groups right out of the box. I have two

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
mine came with a scope ,rings,power belt bullets,patches ,cleaner bullet starter ,speedt loaders all for 189

G

·
I would normally say you get what you pay for but not being familiar with the gun that wouldn't be right. I checked the reviews on that link Bruce and it's getting very good reviews. so it this case getting what you pay for may not fit. Sounds like for the $$$ its a bargain.

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
Yeah sometimes cheap or inexpensive doesn't always indicate poor quality.
The reviews are hard to ignore, it's not like it's just 3 or 4 reviews, it's 64, hard to ignore that many.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I love mine.that was me shooting mine in my old avatar.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Everyone, I'm new here. Hunted with a slug gun my whole life. I bought a CVA Wolf new in the box a little over a year ago for $100. I've talked myself into and out of a muzzleloader for the last 10 years and bought this one just to see if I'd like hunting with one. I put a Nikon Pro Staff 2x7x32 on it and shoot 2 Pyrodex pellets, 300gr Barnes Expander MZ with Crushed Rib sabots. I took two deer with it last fall. For $100 can't beat this 3 shot group at 50 yards, cleaning between shots. Second picture is at 100 yards, not cleaning between 6 shots. Target is a 6 inch shoot-n-see. My next muzzleloader will probably be the Knight KRB7

Font Circle Pattern Rectangle Indoor games and sports

Font Circle Pattern Graphics Logo

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
hello sisfire, many on this site love shooting the muzzleloaders. It simply adds to the time outdoors which as ronn said is a good thing! I shoot mostly flintlocks but have a TC firehawk inline also. Enjoy the site!

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
as a fellow cva man i love that pic .welcome to the forum jump right in

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Like everyone above me said, Welcome to the site. Muzzleloading is great and from your pic of your shooting club it looks like you have plenty of room to spread out your tools and get a gun shooting right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks guys, I finally found a place that has the Knight KRB7 I can handle and see how it shoulders. Not that I don't like my Wolf but I've been wanting to buy another MZ to mess around with. I had the KRB, TC Triumph, and a Savage 10ML on a short list to check out to buy. I didn't care for the Triumph after checking it out. The Savage interested me but I'm afraid I'd have trouble finding the smokeless powder since I have no gun shops close to me and ordering powder on line I didn't want to pay the extra haz-mat fees. At least I can buy Pyrodex local. So, with luck this time tomorrow I'll be the proud owner of a KRB. The gun shop I'm going to has a blue/composite and a couple of stainless/camo stock models. The guy told me the blued model was $219. Thats a good price for a KRB.:yes:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts