Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
295 Posts
I have done a ton of research on them and have done several articles. Most of the reports you read on a forum are pure balderdash. Most injurioes and there are not many are self-inflicted and involve the thumb being hit by the string. There are a few of thiose because you can't cure stupidity. As for mechanical failuers, about the same as with compounds. There are no more hunter on hunter events than there are with traditional equipment.

Two good sources for you: Ohio DNR and the ATA. Contact Vickie Snyder at Ohio, she is a wealth of information. If you want, providing I can find it, I will email you my research info. It will be later today, I am leaving in a few minutes to go kill deer.

js

· Registered
295 Posts
I checked out the survey, couldnt help thinking how much it looked like a discovery attempt from a lawyer.

That is exactly what it is. Some manu. is either about to get sued is has been. Either that or it is a state approval fight. However, any lawyer with a week's experience can get that thrown out for lack of validity. There is no way an on-line survey can be deemed accurate because anyone can take it and lie.

Thje smart crossbow manus have started making the forestocks in such way as to prevent thumb injury. TenPoint has theirs made so you can't shoot it with your thumb in the way.

However, as I said, you can't cure stupidity.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.