Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wonder if its legal to hunt coyote all year long in most of the country? im pretty sure it is here.

·
Registered
957 Posts
in Wisconsin it is except for our 9-day gun deer season and muzzleloader season cuz the DNR are afraid we might shoot a wolf instead, but if those peoplecant tell the difference 2 weeks out of the year they sure aint going to tell the differance any other time either.Wolves are much bigger than coyotes,by at least 100 lbs.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
the season ends march 31st and i think it starts in sept.With all the coyotes i think it should be open year round.Maybe they figure the hikers need a break from the gunfire:lol: wouldnt want to scare the tree huggers they might drop their granola and bong

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here in IN there is a season but if they are being a nuisance or found destroying property than the land owner may shoot them or provide promission for another person to shoot them. It is also legal to hunt them on land that you personly own or you can provide written promission all year long.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think here in Texas they are legal anytime.I know we have a lot of them in east texas where me lease is.I've seen them in the woods on several occasions but have never tried to hunt them.From what I've been hearing it sounds like fun.On any night you can hear them out hunting.

·
Registered
179 Posts
on my property we have to kill them....if there are enough around the can attack and killl but thats rare tho

·
Registered
179 Posts
what should i do if i was to kill one?

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mount it in the sitting dog postion and put it next to your recliner so it can watch tv with ya

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Where I live (Indian Reserve) it is legal to shoot coyotes at any given time. Lately they're becoming such a nuisance. When spring turkey hunting I shot a couple coyotes trying to sneak up on a decoy I had setup a couple times. A friend of mine had a coy mounted and he used it as a decoy to hunt them.

·
Registered
182 Posts
thats funny. Never really had a problem with them while hunting. We can shoot them year round too i think as long it is priate property and they are causing problems.

·
Registered
221 Posts
you can in where I live, I live in texas here you can hunt any non game, exotic,varmits, and javelina(there is a bag limit of 2 javelina per licence a year) all year round and I know you can hunt varmits at night, you'd have to look up the rest of the non game animals, Im pretty sure you can hunt exoctics at night Im sure of one kind of exotic, feral hogs and boar or as we call the sneaky little scavengers "pigs" you can hunt at night, but I dont know about javelina well thats all I know but um if im wrong about some of these things pm please thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
Year round in NH
Night season from Jan. to March

·
Registered
58 Posts
year around in ohio with no restrictions on hours or weapons used to kill them (except for during deer gun season wich is only like 2 weeks), and i know the same applies to hogs/boars/pigs whatever u want to call them lol

·
Registered
100 Posts
We got so many in my part of Arkansas that landowners are paying you to hunt them and pelts are going for $15 to $20. Nice little side business for some retirees.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts