Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After harvestng almost as many coyotes as deer in my first season of hunting, I was wondering what most people do with coyotes. I don't have the time or patience to treat the hides myself, will anyone buy them untreated, or should I just drag them off into the woods and not waste my time with them?

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
You can try calling your local taxidermists to see if they buy them. OR
you check to see if there's a State Trappers association in your state,
Ask them also.
Ask most any Gun Dealer, they're usually good resources for those things too..

Good Luck

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
hides are worth lots of money.check out some predator sites:whistling:

·
Registered
798 Posts
While you're figuring out what to do with them, put them in a plastic bag, squeeze all the air out of the bag, seal it with a twist tie thingy and freeze it. You can keep them like this for a long time. Also, it kills every little parasite and bug that these hides are usually crawling with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips. I looked up the Tennessee Fur Harvesters Association. Coyotes are averaging about $20 a pelt here. I think I'll go and try to thin em out some so next season my deer/coyote ratio will be a little higher.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
20$ a hide aint too bad i read somewhere they were getting 40-60 for full winter coat hides..look at this way .your doing the deer a favour your getting to hunt and the hides will pay for gear/gas to hunt:ibtl::ibtl::ibtl::ibtl:

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Thanks for the tips. I looked up the Tennessee Fur Harvesters Association. Coyotes are averaging about $20 a pelt here. I think I'll go and try to thin em out some so next season my deer/coyote ratio will be a little higher.
Sounds like a good idea. Where you hunting the yotes in TN?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts