Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
what? Don't tell me you hang your deer upside down! :crybaby: I sometimes will bucket splash the cavity if there's a lot of blood or if someone makes a low hit and stomach juice leaks out so you want everything to drain down and out. If it were hanging upside down then things would pool up in the chest neck area and you don't want that. Hanging the deer by the north end makes sense to me, only way I've ever strung them up. What's the purpose of hanging them upside down? You're going to some get hair on them either way when skinning. Now when butchering I'll reverse them as it allows the last hind 1/4 to hang after cutting the spine off but for hanging on the meat pole, by the head, for me please.

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
great pics hm... hanging deer head up or head down??? who really cares as long as they're hanging. :lol:

actually I was told years ago that hanging a deer head down would make the neck roast a lot more tender but i think it's anyones best guess really, I don't believe there is a right or wrong way to hang.

·
Registered
824 Posts
"great pics hm... hanging deer head up or head down??? who really cares as long as they're hanging. "

x 2 ! ! !

Especially liked the one of the spring. Brought back some old memories. It's been many, many years since I've been in an area where I found the water clean enough to drink straight from the ground. There's nothing like fresh spring water!

RR

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.