Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just bought this set up to spend some time at the creek and the river over the 4th weekend. My wife who has never been in a canoe before did a fine job for being a rookie. We never flipped it over.

I was curious if the trollin motor would be big enough and after the first trip I believe it is all the motor I will ever need.

My kids really didnt think the ride was all that great. All they wanted to do was get out and "swim" and eat fruit snacks.

Hopefully today I can do a little fishing while they swim. :whistling:

·
Administrator
5,711 Posts
looks like a great setup, you'll be able to do some nice relaxing fishing trips when you have extra time available.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, is there plenty of room for you and a 250 pound 12 pointer too? Got to be planning ahead ya know!! :pickle:
I better put a winch on it to if I gotta load a 250 pounder.

what's up with kids and fruit snacks!??!?!
beats me.. but thats all I heard for a good 20 mins. "Can we stop and eat fruit snacks?"

Oh yeah.. I caught 1 fish on the first cast of the day. Nothing after that. It was a trout about 10 inches long. My kids thought I was cool! That will not last long.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Nice setup, BF!!! Trolling motor sure beats having to paddle!

Put the kids in "floaties", attach with a rope, toss overboard, troll & fish to your heart's content. Just don't let your better half (aka my daughter) know I suggested that. <grin>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.