Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everybody. I need some help picking a climbing stand. I have never really messed with them much so I need something fairly light and simple. Any suggestions? thanks.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I can' help you on this one as I don't use a climber. Cabela's or bass pro shops would be worth a visit and see the stands up close and judge the weight issue for yourself. Summit stands have a good reputation, good luck.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I swear by climbers.they offer several things.If your like me and hunt state land ,portable is the only way to go.Sad to say but theres people out there that steal stands,also you put a stand up (god forbid tacks or ribbons to it) someone will be in your spot.Heck i know guys on private property got ladder stands stolen.Buy a summit climber,the price may seem high but i've been using mine close to 10 yrs .Im not knocking the other brands i have/had others.my summit is the only one i still have.There's an old quote ,"Never skimp on parachutes or brain surgery"I'd like to add"and dont skimp on tree stand/climbers:yes:

·
Registered
591 Posts
I use a summit climber also. Good stands. Check out Equilizer climbing stands. There is an advertisment at the top of this page sometimes. It's a cadillac. Lone Wolf makes a good one I've been told. I never have used one but intend on buying one this summer.

·
Registered
190 Posts
i swear by a climber also i use a cheap gorrilla i got on clearance at walmart and it works sure it could be more comfortable and a little lighter but at the time the price was right and i kill dear with it the same as i would with any other i geuss i always wanted a summit but never had the cash.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Unless you are an oversized man(>250lbs) there are lots to explore. Personally I've used a summit for over 12 years and the only thing I've had to do was buy a new pair of cables. I started out with the old wooden Baker Tree Stands. Make sure you buy one with a climbing aid. Hugging trees is for PETA. Climbing trees safely is for you.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I have owned them all and once you use an Equalizer you won't want to use anything else. Comfort, safety, easy to use----A stand that you can hunt all day out of. Worth every penny.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm looking several this year, Lone Wolf has caught my eye because of the light wt of this stand. I won't be able to leave my stand anywhere, and so a climber is the only way to go. I also thought about the Summit, and as well as several others.

Got plenty of time still.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I use and Love my API grand slam. It weighs in around 17 lbs or so. I like the api climbers cause of the chain that wraps around the tree, not a cord like on the summit. Summit makes real nice climbers, I'm not sayin nothing negative about their climbers, just not a fan of the cables they use. Feel a lil safer with a bolt through a heavy guage chain. I purchased mine off ebay, brand new in box shipped to my door for under $200

Fuzz

·
Registered
1 Posts
Climbing Stand

Hi, I use an API climbing stand. I have been using it for about 8 years now and what I like about it most is, it can support 300 lbs of weight and it only weighs 14 lbs. which is very good when you have to walk a long way to where you want to hunt, lol. When I bout it they included in the box a Seat-Of-The-Pants safety harness.

·
Registered
142 Posts
climbing stand

I have used many different brands but I own two one is a W.A.R, which stands for Welded Aluminum Rigid. the other is my favorite, it's a summit viper. Both are the heavier duty model I always get that because you have more room plus they are safer because they are designed to hold more weight. Of the two the war is more roomy you can face the tree or face away from the tree, but the viper is more comfortable it has a suspended padded seat, which comes in handy on those long hunts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I use a lone wolf with a hand climber for a seat. I love the thing because it is safe, easy to use, and QUIET!!! My brother got one with the sit and climb seat and it is a lot more comfortable than the hand climber one that I have. As a matter of fact I'm going to buy the seat seperately this year.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tree-Lounge is my choice, you do get what you pay for. 1st one I lost in my divorce bought a new one several years back. Cant be beat for an all day sit. Im scared of heights so the bowhunting adapter took some getting used to. We've got a 62 yr old that uses mine during gunseason. He wouldnt use anything but a ladder till he tried the lounge. Ive used all kinds of stands/climbers. The boker style were deathtraps. Coffin and wheel chair companies should have invested in that company. Ive owned Summit's and Lone wolfs, few others, they are all safe and good nowdays. I just prefer my lounge. Sold and gave away all of'em but my lounge and ladder stands.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts