Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings again,

I have a climbing stand now, a summit classic. I am considering purchasing a hanging stand for 1. to not have to hump my classic into the woods early morning. It seems to be very noisy, and heavy. 2. I won't have to trim as many limbs, which would limit some of my shots, but provide more cover. 3. (reason I'm posting) If I get climbing sticks, can I take apart the bottom section, and just have to hump it in, in the mornings when hunting. This would cut down greatly on weight. And to prevent theft. Whadda you guys think?

Kipkipkip

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Hangers work good when placed in a spot that are great deer runways and provide less of a hassle when getting setup. Some climbing sticks are put up in sections in which can be taken off to prevent theft. Cabelas has that type but I can't think of the name of them.

G

·
i use climbers mostly. I lock them to the base after the hunt. i have stands in different woods so i don't have to carry in very day. if i want to move 50 yards or whatever its already in the woods. I think i have 6 or so climbers now. most bought a wal-mart after the season closes and they go on clearance. then i found better sling seats and replaced the fish net that they came with. i have one ladder out now with one hang on. going to try videoing. they all have their place.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
The way my sticks are set up.. (1 on top of the other and strapped to the tree) I dont really know how easy it would be to just remove the bottom one. Plus with only 1 section gone that means the thief would only have to pull himself up a little ways (4 feet) to get to the next section where he could just climb up.

When Im worried about someone taking my stand I do this. Get a couple climbing sticks in a style similar to this. Cabela's -- Summit Bucksteps Climbing Sticks

And then use screw in steps the remainder of the way up the tree. When your done hunting remove your 2 climbing sticks and take off. It makes it alot harder to jump up and grab ahold of a screwin step than it does to just reach 4 feet up to grab a section of the sticks. Did I explain that clear enough?

2 climbing sticks about 18-24 inches long. Followed by screwin steps the rest of the way up to your stand. The other reason I like this is it makes it less visible. People are less likely to spot your stand if they dont notice the bulky sticks going up the side.

Hope this helped give you another idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts